Tuesday 16 April 2013

Review: Botanics Smoothing Eye Make Up Remover

Hello :)

Sorry it's been such a long while for a new post, but I've been rather stressed out waiting for news on my PhD applications, enough so that I've been clenching my jaw in the night and now the right side of my face is in utter pain. :( Bad times. Just a quick review today to get me back in the swing of things.

Botanics All Bright Eye Soothing Eye Make Up Remover  - £3.99

Now Bioderma Crealine H2O water is still my firm favorite when taking off makeup, but for some reason it's not doing so well at removing some of my eye makeup, so I actually whipped out a bottle of Botanics eye makeup remover (the proper old version with the silver cap and everything!) when I was home for Easter. It did wonders at removing waterproof mascara, so I thought it's time I bought a new bottle because the old one really was old... =/ I haven't tried the favorite amongst bloggers, the Clarins eye makeup remover, but I know this is often considered a dupe and I personally find it does the job pretty well. I had a quick read of some of the reviews on the Boots website, and a lot of people don't like this new formula, but I like it. People have complained it left an oily film after, but I tend to remove my eye makeup followed by face, so I sweep over my eyes with Bioderma anyway and the oily film is gone. Being a contact lens wearer I didn't find it to irritate my eyes which is a plus so I don't really understand why others have complained, but I suppose everyone is different. For £3.99 it's an absolute bargain for something that works for me and I'm pretty sure it'll remain in my makeup bag for a very long time!

Shazza
x

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment