Thursday 17 January 2013

Baby it's cold outside.

Hi guys!

Sorry it's been a while, but in the space of 2 weeks of being back at uni, I've managed to catch the dreaded winter vomiting bug and had two assignments due in! Fun times for me! But they're all handed in now and I finally have some free time on my hands again! Yaaayy :) I hope you're all wrapping up warm and keeping as far away from those nasty germs as possible.

I don't know about where you're reading this blog from, but England has certain ink entered Winter....finally! Christmas and New Years were particularly mild so a part of me is glad I didn't pack all these wintery jumpers for nothing. But! It's finally snowed, albeit only a little, and I don't feel like a right fool for wearing a big coat, hats, earmuffs and mittens.

Often during these cold winter months, I often find it difficult to keep my skin, whether it be my face or body, super moisturised. Damn dryness from radiators! These days, I'm finding it particularly difficult to keep my lips moisturised so my lippy won't go on all blotchy! BUT, I think I've found my routine now.... 

(Sorry for blurry photos.. I've yet to bring my better camera from home. I need a bigger suitcase!)

1) Carmex - Classic Moisturising Lip Balm
Boots: £2.69
2) Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
Boots: £3.69

I have to say these two are my favorite products to use on my lips, mainly because they work for me and they last ages on my lips. And I love the tingly feeling it gives my lips when I put them on. :) I did also have the Carmex tube in strawberry but I seem to have misplaced that somewhere.. :( Sad times, it was new aswell! I tend to put Carmex on before I go to bed and Burt's Bees when I'm out and about, mainly because Carmex is shiny and if I'm not close to a mirror, I don't really want shiny lip balm all over my face... I can honestly say I swear by these two products. I've tried so many... from Vaseline to L'Occitane, but none work as well as these two! I'm also not a big fan of Carmex in the little tub, don't really want to stick dirty fingers in and put them all over my lips. Haha. I've also tried other ones in the Burt's Bees range, but I find the original Beeswax one works best.

1) Body Shop Wild Rose Hand Cream SPF 15
£5 for 30ml
2) L'Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream
£8 for 30ml 
3) Body Shop Almond Hand and Nail Cream
£10 for 100ml

For hands, I switch between several, but these three are the ones I tend to use normally. I actually got the Body Shop WIld Rose as a free gift with their store card and the almond one as a Christmas present from someone. They both smell amazing, as with lots of body shop products and I personally think the almond one is a bit more moisturising on my hands as the rose one can be a little light. My all time favourite is the L'Occitane dry skin hand cream with shea butter. It's is so so SO moisturising and I wish I could keep buying it, but at £8 for 30ml, it's rather at the pricey end and my hands will have to suffice with only having this hand cream as a treat :(

Anyway, that's probably long enough a post for today! I'll probably do another tomorrow on my skincare routine and body moisturisers so look out for that :) But I do need to pack as I'm off to a friend's birthday weekend and off to Liverpool to say with the fiance for the week, so the post might be a few days late... 

Hope you're keeping warm in this winter chill!

Shazza

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment