Thursday 13 December 2012

It's the season to be jolly...

Hi everyone, sorry it's been a few days since my last post, but it's been a busy few days! Hope you've all done your Christmas shopping!

I don't know about you, but I really dislike having my natural nails on show. Don't get me wrong, they're not horribly bitten or anything but I always like having some sort of polish on them! And what better time to go all out than Christmas time :) I think my favourite brand of nail polish has to be Barry M, mainly because they have a decent range of colours, but they're of reasonable quality and price! I'd love to be able to afford to buy Nails Inc, Models Own or even Essie (a guilty fave!), but alas being a student means money doesn't come by easily and I will happily settle for Barry M! I've been having a bit of a glitter phase as of late and for the past month or so, if not longer, my nails have had at least some sort of glitter on them. Since buying the Barry M 'Amethyst Glitter', I can't stop using it!



When it comes to nail routines, I admit I get lazy... But recently I've been good and put on a base coat before applying polish. I normally use Barry M's 'basecoat topcoat and nail hardener all in one'. I don't tend to use it as a topcoat because I don't find it gives enough shine and doesn't dry fast enough for my liking! Darn our busy lives! I've actually tried many topcoats before, including those fast drying drops you can buy, but I don't find them to work for me either, until I bought Sally Hansen's 'insta-dri anti-chip top coat'. I think that stuff is amazing and doubt I'll be changing for a different one anytime soon. The topcoat dries in 30seconds and you're good to go! Admittedly, if you have several layers of polish on it doesn't totally dry your polish in 30 seconds but it does the job quicker than other topcoats. So before I use Barry M's amethyst glitter, I like to put a coat of colour on first, otherwise I find the glitter to come out a bit sparse and for this time of year I like it densely glittery :) For this, you don't have to choose a dark or light colour, just whatever you have around! I've used L'oreal Paris 'color riche divine indigo (609)'. It's actually one of my favourite colours in winter. It's a lovely bluey purple when used alone. And once everything is dry, two layers of topcoat and we're ready to go!



So I hope you're all enjoying the very cold week (brrrr..), I have got o get back to revising for my exam next Tuesday (boo.. :( ) but I'll be back this weekend to show you my party outfit and a review on The Hobbit! Eee I'm so excited for that film!

No comments:

Post a Comment