Thursday 16 May 2013

|| Review || beautyblender

Hi everyone.

Sorry it's been nearly half a month since my last post, but uni is keeping me nice and stressed and busy so I want to do nothing but sleep when I get in :(

Last month I signed up to Birchbox mainly because they were giving away a free beautyblender with every new subscriber. This little sponge is so hyped that I knew I had to get my hands on one at some point and what's more enticing than paying for a beauty box and getting a £16 sponge on top of that for FREE?? I actually really liked the items in my beauty box, but that's all for another post.

Beautyblender Classic - RRP £16

So what do I think of it? WELL, firstly I am absolutely amazed at how big it grows after soaking it in water. Secondly I am in love with how well this sponge applies my foundation. My skin is like smooth and glowy when I use this thing and it's the most harmless thing to touch your face. Super soft and bouncy, there's none of that harsh brush buffing and poking and it literally makes my skin look flawless. Now I've seen some people review this saying it uses more product than using a brush, but I don't find this the case and I suppose it mostly depends on how full coverage you want your foundation. I have pretty good skin and blessed with genes that don't cause breakouts often so I can often get away with quite sheer coverage and this sponge does that so well. I usually pair it with my Nars Sheer Glow and I've found since using this sponge, I don't feel the need to powder my face after. This nifty little thing basically pushes (not into pores like) the foundation onto the skin when you bounce the sponge around your face and hey presto I also don't have excess foundation on my face!

All in all it's a great little thing and it's going in my makeup bag for whenever I travel. The only downside is the price, at £16 it's quite costly for what's really a sponge, so I would like to try some dupes at some point and see how they compare with this. I recommend if you want to take the plunge and purchase the beautyblender, I'd rope a friend in and get the duo set as that only costs £24 so you end up paying a little less for each one. Beautyblender gets a thumbs up from me. :)

Hope you're all having a nice day!

Shazza
xx

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment