Saturday 2 March 2013

Poorly Hair

Hi guys,

As you can see from the post title, my hair has been somewhat poorly... Actually it's been poorly since late summer '12 and it's only just starting to look a little bit better!  I should probably begin from the start of the whole situation. Basically last summer I got bored of my hair (as I always do!) and decided to give it a DIY ombre. Lo and behold the first round of bleaching, I didn't leave it on long enough so I ended up with a bit of a dip dye gingery mess. I stupidly decided to be impatient and gave it another round of bleach a couple of days later and well, we all know how damaging bleach is... Yes I did have my bleached ombre, but the ends of my hair were well and truly fried. *sad face* Don't get me wrong, my hair hasn't been in the best health for about 2-3 years because I couldn't stay away from getting it digitally permed to curly effortless goodness, but I had to stop because each perm cost around £200 D: And so straight hair returned and I got bored and as usual I experimented with colour. Bad Sharon! From then on it's been a case of trying to restore the softness into my hair and I have literally tried hair oils, hair serums, leave-in conditioners from cheaper brands to salon stuff, but no, my hair was not happy. :( I even went for a chop in January, and then a colour to try and hide the dryness somewhat, but alas it was still dry and brittle UNTIL I discovered the Charles Worthington Intense Rescue Melting Balm.

Charles Worthington Intense Rescue Balm - £16.99

This balm has been a miracle worker on my hair. I actually first heard about this from several other bloggers and was going to actually try the Ojon version, but Ojon isn't exactly cheap so I decided to get this one instead. AND at the moment it's on offer in Boots for £11.33! Bargain! Basically you take a little out of the pot (I'd leave it somewhere warmish, otherwise it'll go rock solid and you won't be able to get any out!) and rub it between your palms to get it warm and then basically put it through your hair. The pot says to leave it on for 20minutes, but I tend to get it on and leave it for a few hours, then shampoo and condition as normal. And voila! My hair is softer and smoother! I've had this for about 3 weeks now, and the first two weeks I used it twice a week because come mid-week my hair would feel dead dry again. Now I'm only using it once a week as a treat for my hair, so hopefully by the time I finish using the whole pot, my hair will feel AMAZINGGG. 

Seriously I'd recommend this to anyone who's got dry, coloured, damaged hair who needs a bit of repair and TLC. For £16.99 you really get a lot for your money and this is coming from someone who has hair who goes down to mid-back. A little goes a long way with this product and well worth the try. 

I'm thinking a haircare post next.... any suggestions?


Shazza 

No comments:

Post a Comment